- The past few mornings I’ve woken up to frigid temperatures, reluctant to get out of bed and head to CrossFit. But then I think about how lucky I am, that I woke up in a warm bed, protected by my house, and sleeping next to my pups–there are many that aren’t as lucky. My thoughts are with those who aren’t as lucky. This has been a rough winter, and it’s not over yet.
- On another weather note, I think it worked out nicely that we got hit with 3 inches of snow on Saturday, then by Sunday it was mostly melted away. Perfect way to get to enjoy the snow and then have Mother Nature clean up after herself. If only my family in Indiana were as lucky (I can’t imagine how much snow they’ve had so far already.)
- Speaking of snow, how much fun are these pups playing in the snow:
- I realize I’ve slacked a lot with this blog lately, and for that I’m sorry. I’m struggling with coming up with things to talk about lately because by the end of the evening my brain is fried with work, then coming home to write articles on deadline. I’ve also had to rethink a lot of things lately. I’ll post about that later.
- I’m so pumped for the Super Bowl this weekend! Of course I’m cheering for Peyton Manning and the Broncos–us Indy fans still claim Peyton as one of our own! It’s going to be a great game, I think, definitely one for the record books! Who are you cheering for?
- I’m trying to really focus on my form in CrossFit lately. My coach at Man O’War CrossFit, Taylor, worked with me on my jerks Wednesday morning. Lately I’ve been pushing the bar out and up, thus using up a lot of strength. So I’m trying to focus on keeping the bar close to my body, close to my face, and just push up.
- Speaking of Man O’War CrossFit, we’re excited that one of our own is competing in the Winter Olympics in Sochi next month!! Dallas Robinson has been named a member of the USA Bobsled Team, and we are so excited for him! Go Team USA!!
- And, finally, speaking of CrossFit, here’s a WOD for you to try. The Every Minute On The Minute (EMOTM) of 5 Man O’War Makers are burpees over the plate, clean the plate, then do two step back lunges. Those were rough! By the end of the WOD my quads were toast!
Your turn: What’s your first thought when you wake up in the morning?