Every month I’ve been setting small, attainable, goals to accomplish. Some I rock with no problems, others I might struggle with, but the fact that I’m putting them out there for everyone to see has made me more accountable. Now it’s time to fess up and see how I did with my October goals:
- Run/walk 70 miles. Oh yeah, finally rocked this goal!! The total ended up being 78 miles! It might have been walking than running, but I’m OK with that.
- Continue to work on my kipping pull-ups. I wasn’t as successful as I’d like to admit. I did work on kips a few days here and there, especially with doing toes to bar, but I really need to be more serious about it. If I want to compete at a CrossFit competition soon, I have to be able to do unassisted pull-ups, which means I need to kip!
- Plank A Day. I didn’t do a plank everyday, but I made sure I did one at least a few times a week, and holding them for at least 90 seconds at a time. It made me more aware that I need to do more core strengthening on top of my running and CrossFit workouts, so I think that’s an accomplishment.
- Re-work/Re-design my blog a little bit. Well, this one everyone can see–I did at least redo my header–what do you think? I’m stuck on how else I should change things, so I need your help. What do you think would make my blog more attractive and more inviting for you to read?
A couple of brags from the month of October:
* My new 5K PR that I set in the Race for the Cure in early October:
* New front squat (130) and clean (110) PRs set at CrossFit!
* M and I celebrated our 1 year wedding anniversary and my mom and dad celebrated their 40th!
I need to finalize my November goals, but I don’t want to keep repeating what I have up here. Hopefully in the next day or so I’ll be able to post them for you.
Your turn: How did October go for you? Any big accomplishments to celebrate? Brag about it!!