Happy Friday!! It’s been a good week for me, besides that box jump incident on Tuesday. I took Wednesday off, minus two dog walks, to rest my leg. I have done a couple of Epsom salt bath soaks to help with the swelling, and lots of icing, and my leg is feel much better. I’m waiting for it to turn into one large bruise, though.
I walked back into the box at Man O’War CrossFit Thursday morning and was warmly greeted by everyone asking how I was feeling. We were laughing about Tuesday morning and decided it’ll definitely be a while before I’m back to jumping 20″ box jumps. And I’m OK with that.
I thought I’d share some random musings from the week to wrap-up the weekend:
- It’s crazy the things we do that earlier in life we might have thought it was ridiculous. Like box jumps–I’d never see myself happily jumping on them this time last year, and right now I know it’ll be a while before I’m back to that, but I did enjoy them before Tuesday.
- It surprises me how some pet owners don’t care much for their dogs. I walk my two girls every day, and when I see some dog owners barely enjoying their walks or just letting their dogs run loose in the neighborhood without a collar on, it makes me wonder why you have a dog?
- Wouldn’t it be great if this weather lasted all year?? It’s been beautiful this week–low 50s in the morning, upper 70s in the afternoon and clear skies. I love this weather! (I just wish I was running more to enjoy it more!)
- Speaking of running, I’m waiting to see how my leg heals before I sign up for the Race for the Cure 5K coming up next weekend. I know I can walk it if it’s bothering me too much, but I’d rather be competitive.
- I’m thinking of entering my first CrossFit competition next month. My coach found a competition aimed towards novice and intermediate CrossFitters in West Virginia and I’m thinking it’d be a lot of fun to do one. I don’t think I’ll ever get to the level of our top athletes, so why not enjoy this one?
- I had two job interviews this week, after weeks of a drought! Both seem like good possibilities, and I’m ready to get back into the swing of things, but it’s just scary to think of the change in career both positions would lead to.
- Speaking of job interviews, I need to go shopping for a second interview outfit. I might be called back for a second interview and I can’t really show up in the same outfit! It was stressful just finding one, but now two?? Ugh. (I don’t do well shopping.)
- We’re going to a Cincinnati Reds game Saturday with two friends. I’m so excited because it should be a beautiful day and a good time! I hope to share some photos from the day later.
- I’d really like to re-do my blog with a new header, but I’m not sure I can do it on my own. But I can’t afford a professional design. Anyone have any tips?
Your turn: How was your week? What are you looking forward to in the coming month?