I’ve had a lot of time on my hands lately. And, to be quite honest, I don’t handle being bored very well–asking anyone in my family or M. I can only “relax” for so long before I go stir crazy.
So how have I been battling boredom lately? Well…
- Clean the house
- Do laundry or anything that’ll fit in the washer
- Mow the lawn
- Plant flowers, water said flowers, move said flowers in and out of the sun constantly
- Write blog posts, read more blogs
- Go to CrossFit
- Go running
- Look for new recipes
- Bake (but be careful if you don’t have many people to help eat what you baked)
- Walk the dogs
- Train the dogs in agility in the back yard
- Brush the dogs
- Look for new DIY projects for around the house, then figure out how to execute the project on the cheap
- Find things you no longer need and list them on CraigsList to get rid of them and make a little extra cash
And that’s what I did this morning. After an early morning wake-up to meet some friends for a 3.5+ mile run at 5:30, I walked the pups, showered, and headed to my physical therapy appointment. During our 12-minute ultrasound therapy session, Ryan told me I was good to increase my mileage and start training for more races–yay!
After that appointment, I ran a few more errands before coming home and hitting the computer for some blog reading. Then I listed a couple of things on CraigsList, like my old television from my apartment that’s just been sitting in our spare bedroom for 3 years and a some wedding decorations that weren’t claimed by friends for their wedding. I’m looking forward to getting those out of the house and getting a little extra cash in my pocket!
It’s hard to do much when M has to work–he comes home a little after 8 am and sleeps for a good chunk of the day, so I have to keep the house (meaning the dogs) quiet, so that limits what all I can do during those hours (no mowing, no vacuuming, nothing very loud or disruptive basically). That’s hard.
Now it’s time to do a little transcribing from an interview I did yesterday and try to contact some more sources. But first I’d like to know….
How do you tackle boredom in the summer? Give me some more ideas, please! 🙂