Earlier this week I posted a photo on my Instagram of our desert: grilled peaches with some a ricotta cheese mixture. I’ve been asked for the recipe, so here it is!
Let me tell you, this is actually pretty simple–I just threw it all together.
The peaches were from my trip to the farmers market and I wanted to try grilling fruit for the first time. I also thought it’d be a great fresh desert that wouldn’t be too sweet, but hopefully satisfying.
- I cut two peaches in half and removed the pits. Then I lightly sprayed both the inside and outside with some coconut oil. The grill was already going with a layer of aluminum foil on it, so I laid them down, cut-side first, on the grill for 5 minutes.
- I then used tongs to flip over the peach half and set that on the grill for a few more minutes (this really depends on you–I wanted the peaches to be soft, so I left them on the grill a little longer).
- While the peaches are grilling, I set about making the ricotta mixture: In a bowl, I mixed ricotta cheese (no real measurement, maybe a half cup) with a few drops of vanilla flavoring and a swirl of agave nectar.
- Remove the peaches from the grill, then top them with the ricotta mixture.
- Drizzle a little honey or agave on the peach/ricotta combination and a dash of cinnamon if you so desire.
I can’t wait to try some more grilled fruit combinations. What’s your favorite?