Lately I’ve been really into trying new recipes, but more recently I’ve been trying to find some healthier snack foods I can make myself for M and I to enjoy without extra additives and to make them our own.
Enter Nicole and her granola recipes. I’m always a fan of granola, and after the big, late lunch M and I had Sunday, I knew we weren’t going to have a very big dinner. All I wanted was a bowl of Greek yogurt and granola. So I looked up Nicole’s granola recipes and was inspired by her Peanut Butter Coconut Cherry Granola, but made a few changes (due to some missing ingredients):
1 cup old fashioned oats
2 tbsp peanut butter
1 tbsp maple syrup
Honey (to taste)
1 tsp vanilla
1/2 cup peanuts
1/2 cup dried cranberries
Dash of cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 350* F. Prepare a baking sheet with foil sprayed with canola oil.
- Combine peanut butter and maple syrup in a small, microwave safe dish, and warm in the microwave until the peanut butter is softened and easier to combine.
- Once warmed, combine the peanut butter mixture with the oats, peanuts, honey, and vanilla extract in a small bowl. Add a dash of cinnamon to taste.
- Spread out the mixture on the prepared cookie sheet and bake for about 15-18 minutes. Remove from the oven, stir the mixture and add your cranberries, bake for 5 more minutes.
- Enjoy and store in air-tight container.
I enjoyed my homemade granola in a bowl of banana cream Oikos Greek Yogurt and a sliced banana for my dinner. It might not sound like much of a dinner, but it was exactly what I needed and was perfect.
I’m looking to try some different variations of this recipe–especially with coconut like Nicole likes to use!
What’s your favorite granola recipe?
- How to Make Homemade Granola (acedarspoon.com)
- Healthy Granola Bar Recipe (leanonlife.com)
- Breakfast Apple Granola Crisp (avanilladaydream.wordpress.com)