It’s finally Friday!! I’m happy to see the end of this week, but I know the coming weekend is going to be crazy busy for me. I’ll explain a little in this week’s Five Things Friday:
- My First 10-Miler. Saturday I’m running in my first 10-mile race! I’m excited! I’ve been running double digits for my training runs for the past month, but it’s different that I’ll be racing it. We’re running on the grounds of the R.J. Corman Railroad Company, and I’ve been told it’s decently flat, so I’m hoping for a good time. However, I’ll be getting out to the race about an hour early to run on the 5K course before the races officially start so I can get in another 13+ mile run in. This weekend is my last weekend for a long training run because I’ll be busy the next two, so I need to make it count!
- AKC National Championships. Dally and I leave for Tulsa, Okla., on Wednesday for the AKC National Agility Championships! I’m so excited!! It should be a fun weekend not only competing with my best furry friend and hanging out with my dog buddies, but I get to see one of my best friends from college who lives in Oklahoma City. I haven’t seen her since I moved from OKC almost six years ago, and she’s since had a baby whom I can’t wait to meet.
- My First StrideBox Delivery. Earlier this week I received my first StrideBox delivery! I won it as part of the #RunChat Valentine’s Day contest. It’s a fun monthly delivery of items for runners–gear, protein shake mix, energy supplements for during the run, etc. I’ve tried one of the items already and I promised them I’d do a review, so look for that coming very soon!
- New Workout Partner? I was so excited that M joined me for my morning workout Thursday. I really enjoyed having a partner to sweat with, and I hope it continues.
- Spring is Coming! After getting a couple of inches of snow earlier this week, we’re expected to be in the upper 40s today, and in the 60s this weekend with sun! Yay! This means I won’t be running in multiple, warm layers on Saturday and we can possibly take the dogs for a hike Sunday!
I still have a lot of preparation to do before Dally and I hit the road to Tulsa on Wednesday. Lots of shopping, making, cleaning, and packing (and that’s just my stuff!). Sunday will be a major prep day for me.
I hope you had a great week and have an awesome weekend!
- 5 Things Friday – 2.22.13 (planetmarsz.wordpress.com)
- 5 Things Friday – 3.1.2013 (planetmarsz.wordpress.com)
- 5 Things Friday – 2.15.13 (planetmarsz.wordpress.com)