It’s Friday, which means it’s time for “5 Things Friday”! I have to say I’m liking these posts because they allow me to be as random as I want, and write short tidbits without feeling like I need to do a full post on one particular item. I hope you’re enjoying them, too.
- New Side-dish I am intrigued by spaghetti squash and I want to learn more ways to cook it now. I’m definitely going to have to make my Spaghetti Squash Mac & Cheese very soon. Please share any easy SS recipes you have!
- Agility Trial This weekend I’m off to Ohio with my dog friends for another agility trial and I’m excited. It’s been a month since our last one, and it’ll be the last trial I have until we head to Tulsa, Okla., for the AKC National Agility Championships. Dally’s had her monthly chiropractor appointment and LaMesa’s been a weaving machine, so I have high hopes for this weekend!
- No Long Run Because of the agility trial, this means no long run for me on Saturday. But, I’m alright with that. My last two runs (12.5 and 11 miles) have been pretty hard on my body, so I think it’s ready for a short break. To make up for the lack of running I added in a speed interval workout on the treadmill this morning (I usually only run twice a week, with cross training, when I have a long run scheduled). Next week I’ll tackle 13 miles on the entire Run the Bluegrass course…that’ll be scary!
- A Break From Reality Again, because of my agility trial, it gives me a weekend where I’ll have other things to occupy my mind like my dogs, my friends, my runs, where we’ll eat dinner Saturday night, etc. Which is good, because after the news I got on Wednesday and the jumbled up, frustrated feelings I’ve felt since then, I need a break from it all. And that’s one big reason why I love my animals…
- Babies, Babies, Babies I officially have six friends that are having babies in July…that’s right–all of my friends that are expecting are due in the same month. How weird is that?? And so far, four of them are expecting girls, and the latest one is expecting a boy (the sixth one hasn’t had her appointment to see the sex). Two of them I work with, so of course I joke about being careful with the water around the office. It’s so funny to be hearing all the expectant mother talk…
Finally, I wanted to share this blog post by Robyn because lately I’ve been feeling like I really am addicted to sugar and I need to figure out how to break the addiction. I’ve given up chocolate for Lent, but I still find myself scouring the kitchen at night (after dinner) for “something sweet” to satiate my sweet tooth. I’m trying to use more natural sugars, like honey, in my baking and cooking, and I don’t drink that much soda (Coke Zero or Diet Mountain Dew every now and then), so I didn’t think I was that addicted, but maybe I am? Anyway, this was a good post with a yummy recipe at the end for those trying to kick the sugar habit.
What are your weekend plans?