It’s finally Friday! Thursday was so nice out–50s and sunny! M met me at the gym and he surprised me by doing run/walk intervals on the treadmill for his warm-up. I had 100 burpees on the docket for the day (hello HealthysELF challenge #2), so after walking at an incline of 4.5 for 10 minutes, I started to tackle those. I made the challenge more like a circuit workout:
15 angled bicep curls
10 straight arm raises at an angle
Repeat 4 times
I’m used to doing burpees, but obviously not 100! By the last set my legs were burning and I was gasping for breath. But, I got them done!
Now for my Five Things Friday:
- Dinner Rotation. Earlier this week, M decided that he needed to take a more active role in fixing meals–win! There are times I get so tired of having to cook after a long day, so it’s nice to have someone else do it for a change. So now we’re doing an every-other-night rotation of fixing dinner. However, the schedule somehow has me fixing dinner on Mardi Gras and Valentine’s Day, not to mention the night I come home from an agility trial. Hmmm…
- Roasted Veggie Stacked Enchiladas. I am obsessed with this new dish I made on Monday. M and I had the leftovers for lunch the other day and I just can’t wait to go to the grocery to buy more of the fixins to make it again. So good! You definitely need to give this recipe a try!
- Different, Healthy Recipes. In relation to the stacked enchiladas, I’m finding myself wanting to be more adventurous with my cooking now with healthier recipes. I’m hoping to try to do some healthy food prep this weekend for the week ahead, including things to help M with his nights of cooking.
- Broken Toes. This I’m not so excited about, more like bummed. Wednesday after my morning treadmill run, I went home to shower and get ready for work. Well, I stubbed my toe hard on the tub part of our shower. I had hoped it was just a stubbed, but when I was trying to do some planks on my toes, it wasn’t feeling too happy. That night I noticed some bruising. So, yep…it’s broken. And I have 11-12 miles to run on a hilly course tomorrow morning…
- New Beginnings! And finally, the best part of this Friday–M got a job!! Yes! After six months of unemployment and frustration of trying to find a job, M was offered a job at the horse racetrack here in town! He said it feels like a huge monkey has been knocked off his back. Let me tell you, it’s a huge relief!
Unfortunately we can’t do any heavy duty celebrating tonight, because of my training run in the morning (some times half marathon training gets in the way of the fun stuff). So we’ll be doing a little celebrating tonight and then really celebrating tomorrow night! (Might as well, after burning 1,000+ calories on my run, right??)
What five things have made this week your week?