So you know I couldn’t let New Year’s go by without put my goals for 2013 to
paper computer screen. I’ve already made mentions of them before, so this shouldn’t be a surprise:
* Complete my second half marathon — I’d say complete two half marathons within 30 days, like I had been thinking about doing, but the high registration costs might make me re-think that. (Why do races have to be so expensive?)
* Run in a few more races and work to continue PRing — I actually didn’t run in very many races in 2012, except for the major ones (Derby Half Marathon, Bluegrass 10K) and the obstacle races, but I’d like to do a few more 5Ks and maybe a second 10K.
* Try CrossFit — I’m already off to a positive start, as I purchased a Living Social deal for 10 classes, or one month of open gym, at the new CrossFit ManOWar that’s just right by my house! (I’ve been a little turned off by the high cost, because I don’t want to give up my regular gym.)
* Get back into shape and stay in shape — Easily understood (I gained some weight back after the wedding with relaxing the training due to honeymoon and holidays)
Healthy Eating Goals
* Continue to find/create health recipes — I’m trying to embrace being an “adventurous cook” by taking recipes and trying to make them a little healthier.
* Eat out less — This will just save us more money and more calories in the long run.
* Do my best to avoid sugar rushes — I’ve got to break the sugar craving I’ve had lately.
* Try to get M to make healthier food choices — They say the best way to create change is be the change…let’s see how this goes.
* Work with M more on setting budgets — We’ve talked about it, but now’s the time to really do it, with M still trying to find a job.
* Sock away freelance cash — Continue to grow the savings account with the freelance jobs.
* Really sit down and think about my career — It’s not that I’m miserably unhappy in my job. I’m happy in my job, but I don’t know if I see it as the exact fit for me. I feel like I’m at a crossroads, yet again, and I need to really figure life out. What’s ironic is right now M and I have the perfect opportunity to pack and move wherever a job would take either of us, but we’re afraid of big changes and moving.
* Reconsider personal training certification? — A few years ago, I was all set to start studying for my personal training certification, and then some big changes came to my full-time job and I had to put that on hold. There’s a part of me that still wants to be a personal trainer, but I’m not sure if my life can fit that in right now.
* Grow this blog — I’ve really enjoyed blogging the past year, but I’d like to grow it more in many ways; perhaps by joining blogging groups like FitFluential, or anything. I love the healthy blogging community that I have been lucky enough to be a part of.
Shew…that’s a lot!! Better get started!